The City of Vista contracts with Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Inc., a non-profit organization, to counsel property owners, managers, tenants, and homebuyers on fair housing related issues. The organization can also advise you of landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities, including repair issues, and they can mediate with your landlord on your behalf. Please download the Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Inc. brochure for more details.
If you believe you are a victim of a housing-related discrimination incident, or if you would like more information about fair housing, please call Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Inc. at 844.449.3500 and mention that you are a resident of the City of Vista. You can also visit the Legal Aid Society online here. In addition, you may contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at 800.347.3739 or online here.
FAIR HOUSING RESOURCES
- California Landlord Tenant Rights by Dept. of Consumer Affairs
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- San Diego Regional Alliance For Fair Housing
- San Diego Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) 800.884.1684
- US. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity Office 800.669.9777
- Tenants Legal Center of San Diego 858.571.7100