The City of Vista offers a robust Public Art program encompassing many programs ranging from Kites Over Vista, the Vista in Bloom Traffic Signal Box mural program, downtown murals and the Civic Gallery exhibitions.
Public Art Programs
- Interactive Public Art Map featuring current Kites Over Vista exhibition, murals, and other public art.
- Public Art Proposal Form - This form is to be used by those seeking to donate artwork to the city for display in a public area. NOTE: There is a 30-day notice for public comment before recommendation from the Public Arts Commission, and a 30-day notice for public comment before final approval from City Council.
Current Artist Calls
- Art Installation at the Paseo Santa Fe III Roundabout
- Kites Over Vista - 2020 Exhibition
- New Work 2019 Artist Call
- Vista in Bloom: Traffic Signal Box Beautification Project
The Civic Gallery is located on the second floor of the Vista Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive. The gallery is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and every other Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Interested in exhibiting your art at the Gallery? Complete an application.
The 2019 calendar is available here.
October 1 - November 3, 2019
Exhibition Reception Open to the Public:
October 1, 2019
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Challenging the surface entails pushing, pulling, rearranging and repurposing found images. By re-directing focal points and shifting perspectives, Don creates new realities and new meanings. Even with scissor-cut edges being obvious, the veracity of photography still makes the viewer’s mind see it as real… or at least possible.