The City of Vista offers a robust Public Art program encompassing many programs ranging from Kites Over Vista, the Vista in Bloom Traffic Signal Box mural program, downtown murals and the Civic Gallery exhibitions.
Public Art Programs
- Interactive Public Art Map featuring current Kites Over Vista exhibition, murals, and other public art.
- Public Art Proposal Form - This form is to be used by those seeking to donate artwork to the city for display in a public area. NOTE: There is a 30-day notice for public comment before recommendation from the Public Arts Commission, and a 30-day notice for public comment before final approval from City Council.
Current Artist Calls
- Art Installation at the Paseo Santa Fe III Roundabout
- Kites Over Vista - 2020 Exhibition
- Vista in Bloom: Traffic Signal Box Beautification Project
The Civic Gallery is located on the second floor of the Vista Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive. The gallery is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and every other Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Interested in exhibiting your art at the Gallery? Complete an application.
2020 Gallery Exhibit Schedule
The 2020 Civic Gallery exhibition schedule is available here.
November 6 - December 18, 2019
Exhibition Reception: November 12, 2019
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
"Red Umbrella" by Rick Gauthreaux
Barbara Altevers, Mike Reardon, Krista King, Peter Politanoff, Rosie Barnett, Geoff Scott, Alison Behr, Don Fike, Erick Gordon, Kat Johnson, Shawn Vanderploeg, Kristin Albright, Heidi Gauthreaux, Rick Gauthreaux, Rebecca Li.
Exhibition judges are Don Bartletti, retired Los Angeles Times photojournalist and Pulitzer Prize winner, and Kelly Moncure, Chair of the Vista Public Arts Commission and photography educator at Rancho Buena Vista High School.
"Play on a Lonely Beach" by Barbara Altevers