The Street Maintenance Division is responsible for over 185 miles of public roads, including pothole repair, sign repair/installation, concrete repair, public and private graffiti abatement. The division oversees contracts for street sweeping, roadway striping and pavement markings, and litter abatement.
- Asphalt Street Maintenance
- Street Sweeping
- Traffic Striping
- Traffic Signs
- Pothole Repair
- Graffiti Abatement
- Storm Drain Maintenance
Pothole Repair or Graffiti hot line:
To report graffiti or a pothole, please call 760.639.6177. Please leave contact name/phone number and location of pothole or graffiti.
Vista Street Signs
In 2008, Public Works began a project to change out the street name signs throughout the city. The new signs are in accordance with new federal and state mandated standards which call for a more visible street name sign with larger/wider letters and the use of high reflectivity materials for visually impaired citizens and to assist safety personnel in finding street locations more easily in emergency situations. The estimated date of completion for this project is the summer of 2015.
Public Street Signs
There are two different types of street signs throughout the city. The blue and white ones which include the City's seal are the designation for public streets.
The blue and white blades without the City seal designate private streets.
Please provide specific location (i.e. eastbound E. Vista Way, just west of Vale Terrace in 2nd lane).
Graffiti is removed within 48 hours of being reported on public property. Please provide specific location (i.e. address, cross streets,) and location of graffiti (on a street sign, light pole, fence, building, sidewalk).
If you would like to speak with an agent please call:
Tips when calling Public Works Hotline:
- Provide the location of the graffiti, street light, or pothole - street, intersection and address, if possible.
- Provide a description of the type of surface the graffiti is on - a building, block wall, pipe, fence, etc.
- Provide a description of the type of graffiti - i.e. spray paint, magic marker, etching, stickers.
- Provide your name and phone number so we can call you back if the crew is unable to locate the problem or has follow-up questions.