photos from previous Summer Day Camps.
Summer Day Camp 2020
June 8 - August 14, 2020
Monday - Friday, 7 am – 6 pm
Grades K - 8
Jim Porter Recreation Center in Brengle Terrace Park
We are pleased to offer a Summer Day Camp program for 2020. Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic, our camps will look and operate differently this year. The health and safety of your camper and our staff is of utmost importance.
- Registration must be completed online or by calling 760-643-5272 prior to the start of camp. We will not be conducting walk-in registrations. Once your registration is approved you will receive a confirmation letting you know which camp your child will be a part of. A registration form must be received prior to the first day of camp
Here is what we are doing to address the health and safety of campers and staff:
- Each camp is limited to 12 campers.
- Campers and staff must have a quick health check before entering the Jim Porter Recreation Center using a hand-held scanner to check temperatures.
- Facial coverings or masks are required at check-in for parents/campers/staff. Once in the facility, staff and campers are not required by the current health order to wear a mask. However, campers and staff may choose to wear one.
- Cleaning of the facility will occur throughout the day with further clean and sanitizing each evening.
- Hand washing will take place after every transition.
- Only campers and staff are permitted inside the building.
- The City of Vista Day Camp will not be providing lunches or drinks. Campers are required to bring a sack lunch and water to last throughout the duration of camp each day. Campers are advised to bring a morning and afternoon snack.
- There will be no field trips all camps will stay on site at Brengle Terrace Park.
Weekly Camp Fees
$180 for Vista residents
$220 for all non-Vista residents
The City’s Summer Day Camp program comes with plenty of adventure and fun times in a friendly and supervised environment. Spend the day with old friends, or make new ones as campers participate in fun games, arts and crafts, learn new sports skills and much more.
Our weekly rates are affordable and offer a great value with these extras at no additional cost:
- Extended Care from 7 am to 9 am, and 3 pm – 6 pm.
- Lunch, snacks, and water will not be provided. Parents will need to be prepared to send their camper to camp with enough food and water to last throughout the day.
- Fun Friday Activities.