The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a program federally funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that provides grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and communities. In 1991, the City of Vista became an entitlement city, which is a city with a population of 50,000 or more that receives CDBG funds directly from the federal government. The purposes of the CDBG program are to ensure that communities have viable resources to provide affordable housing, a suitable living environment, and to expand economic opportunity.
To receive CDBG funds, the City of Vista must develop a Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), and Citizen Participation Plan. These documents outline how the City plans on and has used our CDBG funds.
On August 11, 2015, the City Council adopted the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan, which identifies strategies for providing decent housing, suitable living environments, and expanding economic opportunities for low-income populations. The Annual Action Plan outlines spending and activities for the corresponding program years. The Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) evaluates the City’s accomplishments and use of CDBG funds. The Citizen Participation Plan specifies the City’s policies and procedures for engaging citizens and encouraging them to participate in creating, evaluating, and implementing the CDBG program and Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH).
The City is currently drafting the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and 2020/2021 Annual Action Plan which will appear before City Council for a Public Hearing on March 24, 2020 and the final vote will be held on April 28, 2020.
- City of Vista Public Service Providers
- Citizen Participation Plan (CPP)
- San Diego Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Committee
- 2015/19 Consolidated Plan (ConPlan)
- FY 2016/17 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2016/17 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2017/18 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2017/18 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2018/19 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2018/19 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2019/20 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
CDBG Requests for Proposals
The Request for Proposals (RFT) for 2020/21 and 2021/22 opened on January 2, 2020 and will close on January 31, 2020 at 2 pm (PST). Please review the RFP to find instructions for the successful completion of the application process, and contact Jessica Boensch, Housing Division Staff Assistant by phone 760.643.5256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CDBG Request for Proposals (SEE UPDATED VERSION BELOW).
- UPDATED CDBG Request for Proposals (closes January 31, 2020 at 2 pm).
CDBG Program ManagerSylvia Solis Daniels, Housing Program Manager