The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a program federally funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that provides grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and communities. In 1991, the City of Vista became an entitlement city, which is a city with a population of 50,000 or more that receives CDBG funds directly from the federal government. The purpose of the CDBG program is to ensure that communities have viable resources to provide affordable housing, a suitable living environment, and economic opportunity.
To receive CDBG funds, the City of Vista must develop a Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), and Citizen Participation Plan. These documents outline how the City plans on and has used our CDBG funds.
On August 11, 2015, the City Council adopted the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan, which identifies strategies for providing decent housing, suitable living environments, and economic opportunities for low-income populations. The Annual Action Plan outlines spending and activities for the corresponding program years. The Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) evaluates the City’s accomplishments and use of CDBG funds. The Citizen Participation Plan specifies the City’s policies and procedures for engaging citizens and encouraging them to participate in creating, evaluating, and implementing the CDBG program and Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH).
The City is currently drafting the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and 2020/2021 Annual Action Plan which will appear before City Council for a Public Hearing on March 24, 2020 and a discussion/final vote on April 28, 2020.
- City of Vista Public Service Providers
- Citizen Participation Plan (CPP)
- San Diego Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Committee
- 2015/19 Consolidated Plan (ConPlan)
- FY 2015/16 IDIS Report
- FY 2016/17 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2016/17 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2016/17 IDIS Report
- FY 2017/18 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2017/18 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2017/18 IDIS Report
- FY 2018/19 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- FY 2018/19 Consolidate Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- FY 2018/19 IDIS Report
- FY 2019/20 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
CDBG Requests for Proposals
The Request for Proposals (RFT) for 2020/21 and 2021/22 opened on January 2, 2020 and closed on January 31, 2020. This page will be updated to reflect new REP information as it becomes available.
- CLOSED CDBG Request for Proposals (closed January 31, 2020).