Emergency Medical Services represent a large portion of the mission of the Vista Fire Department. Last year, Vista Fire responded to over 10,000 calls for medical assistance. The professional personnel routinely rescue trapped victims, deliver babies, and attend to diabetic, cardiac and stroke emergencies. They maintain Paramedic-level personnel on every apparatus to ensure patients get the highest level of care quickly.
The Vista Fire Department EMS staff is highly trained; maintaining National certifications in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Education for Prehospital Personnel (PEPP), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS).
Consumer surveys have rated Vista Fire as superior, rating care 4.88 (on a 1.0-5.0 scale).
They are rated in the following:
- Treatment explained
- Family informed/Reassured
San Diego 2-1-1 Resources
Dial 2-1-1 - 24 hours a day, to get connected to the resources you may be eligible for. Confidential phone service and free searchable online database.
- San Diego 2-1-1 Services (Website)
- San Diego 2-1-1 Services (English PDF)
- San Diego 2-1-1 Services (Spanish PDF)
- What is 2-1-1 San Diego? (English PDF)
- Que es 2-1-1 San Diego ( What is 2-1-1 San Diego? Spanish PDF)