The Fire Prevention Division coordinates Public Education efforts with fire prevention staff, suppression staff, senior volunteers, fire explorer scouts, community fire safe councils, and community emergency response teams to deliver fire and life safety education to the public. The division coordinates the Youth Firesetter Intervention Program and acts as liaison between the Fire Department and the Burn Institute.
Public Education Information
- Defensible Space - Wildfire brochure
- Living With Wildfire: Home Guide
- Fire Safety Challenge
- Fire Safety For People With Disabilities
- Fire Safety For People With Disabilities (Espanol)
- Fire Safety Word Search
- Home Escape Plan
- Wildfire Are You Prepared?
Safety / Preparedness Resources
- Emergency Planning For People With Disabilities
- Emergency Planning For Seniors
- Emergency Supply Checklist
- Family Disaster Plan
- Home Earthquake Preparedness
- Home Earthquake Preparedness (Español)
- Preparing Your Pets For Emergencies
- Flood Insurance Information.
San Diego County Resources
- Ready San Diego (Española)
- San Diego Emergency Preparedness App (Española)
- Alert San Diego (Española Version)
- 211 San Diego (Española Version)
- If you need to talk to someone about evacuations, shelters, road closures, & other disaster-related services, call 211 for information and resources.