Civic Center Open: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mask required in building with social distancing. Click COVID-19 for information.



Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who do I call when I want to start a business in the city?

A great resource to help you start your business in Vista is our Keys Steps to Starting a Business in Vista webpage. This site explains what you need to know on starting a business and provides contact resources.

What happens if I encounter problems with the development of my property or business?

You can contact the City's Ombudsman, Kevin Ham. P: 760.639.6165. E: or by calling .

How do I get a business license?

Anyone doing business in the city of Vista must have a business license. You will need your business address, type of business, and zoning clearance from the Planning Division. You can download the business license application or stop by the Business License Counter on the first floor at City Hall located at 200 Civic Center Drive.

How do I get financing for my business?

Check out these links to help you find financing for your business: The Small Business Administration at and the CDC Small Business Finance at

How do I find out about economic development activities within the city?

Please look through the Economic Development webpages or contact Kevin Ham by P: 760.639.6175 or E:

How do I get help with locating my business in the city?

If you are relocating your business to Vista, you can start by browsing through listing to find the location suitable for your needs. Also check out the Keys Steps to Starting a Business in Vista webpage which will help guide you through the process. If you are unable to find what you are looking or need a little more assistance, please contact Kevin Ham by P: 760.639.6175 or E: