Civic Center Open: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mask required in building with social distancing. Click COVID-19 for information.



Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the City Council?

Visit the Elected Officials webpage or call the City Council office at 760.639.6130.

Who are the City of Vista elected officials? What are their terms?

The Council and terms are listed online.

When and where does the City Council hold its meetings?

City Council Chambers at City Hall, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, California. On the 1st Tuesday every month there is a Workshop Meeting at 2:00 pm. On the 2nd & 4th Tuesday every month are Regular Meetings at 5:30 pm

How can I be added to the City Council agenda distribution e-mail list?

Contact the City Clerk's office for details at 760.643.5320, or e-mail

How can I access the Vista Municipal Code?

Municipal Code. Find the particular "Title" to open various Chapters, then click on a specific Chapter to view its contents; or you may stop by City Clerk's office to look at the Municipal Code book. Call 760.639.6125 for search assistance.

How can I be added to the Vendor Bid List?

 Application to be added to the Vendor Bid List may be downloaded here.

Where is the Vista Courthouse?

It is located at 325 South Melrose Drive, Vista, CA 92081

Whom should I contact for birth, death and marriage records?

County of San Diego Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk's Office, 141 E. Carmel Street San Marcos, CA 92078.
P: 760. 940.6868 San Diego County Clerk

Whom do I call regarding Jury Duty?

Superior Court - North County Regional Center, 325 South Melrose Drive, Vista, CA 92081.
P: 760.201.8600, ext.130: Superior Court, North County Regional Center, Vista, California.

Where can I register to vote?

Forms are available at the City Clerk's office, Post Office, Library, Department of Motor Vehicles, County Registrar of Voters, and Secretary of State. Visit San Diego County Registrar of Voters website to download the form.

Where can I go to pay a parking ticket?

Cashier's Office, located on the first floor behind the lobby reception desk at the Vista Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive.

Where can I go to dispute a parking ticket?

Code Enforcement Division, located on the first floor at the Vista Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive.

How do I file a claim against the City?

Claim forms are available from the Risk Management Division located on the first floor in Human Resources at the Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive. Submit completed form to the City Clerk, or call 760.643.5375 for information.

Where is the nearest Employment Development Department office?

There is an EDD office located in Oceanside at 1949 Avenida del Oro - Suite 106 Oceanside, CA 92056.
P: 760.631.6150