The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and governed by the provisions of Government, Election, and City Codes. City Clerk serves the public, elected officials, and the City organization by providing effective processing, distribution, and retention of official records. Kathy Valdez is the City Clerk. The Clerk's Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Civic Center.
City Clerk is the official recorder of all City Council Meetings, and serves as Secretary to the Community Development Commission, Secretary to the Successor Agency for the Vista Redevelopment Agency, and Clerk of the Board to the Buena Sanitation District.
City Council regular meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at the Vista Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084. Council meetings are broadcast live online and archived web casts are available on the city website here. Workshop meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Please note, workshop meetings are not broadcast.
- Council Meeting Agendas
- Election Information
- Public Notices / Upcoming Public Meetings
- Online Resources
- Common Questions
- FPPC Conflict of Interest Forms for City Officials
- FPPC Agency Report of Public Official Appointments (Form 806)
- FPPC Agency Report of Gifts: Tickets, Passes to Events (Form 801/802)
- City Council Complimentary Ticket Policy (FPPC Form 801/802 filing)
- Public records access, including Municipal Code and Development Code
- Public Record Requests: E-mail email@example.com, fax: 760.639.6126, or mail or hand-deliver your request to the City Clerk, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084. Public Records Request Form
- Notice Inviting Bids
- City Commissions, Boards, and Committees
- Notary Public (by appointment only) - $15 fee per signature
- Certifications of Life for retired seniors – $10 fee
- Acceptance of liability claims, subpoenas and summons
200 Civic Center Drive, 2nd Floor, Vista CA 92084