Following is a list of the Commissions, Boards, and Committees. Each entity includes a link to its purpose, qualifications, meeting dates, and reference to the City of Vista Municipal Code which established the respective body. In accordance with the Maddy Local Appointive Act, [GC §54970] which came into effect on January 1, 1977, the list of upcoming vacancies and position requirements, will be posted by December 31 of each year.
Agendas and minutes for a particular Commission, Board, or Committee, are included in the following links:
- Building Board of Appeals
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Community Safety Commission
- Investment Advisory Committee
- Mobile Home Park Review Board
- Oversight Board to the Successor Agency (moved to County-wide Oversight Board on July 1, 2018)
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Arts Commission
- Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- Senior Citizens Affairs Commission
- Traffic Commission
- Youth Advisory Commission
Central Vista Business Improvement District (CVBID)
Vacancy announcements are posted at the Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084, at the Vista Branch of the San Diego County Library, 700 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084, and on our web site. Contact Assistant City Clerk Claire Lopez, 760.643.5323, or e-mail email@example.com to learn about opportunities to serve your community, or access Commission Vacancy Announcements.
Applications are accepted throughout the year to fill scheduled and unscheduled vacancies. Beginning in 2019, regular appointments will be made each year in March, with terms beginning April 1. Notices of unscheduled vacancies are posted on the City website, at the Vista branch of the San Diego County Library and the Gloria McClellan Adult Activity Center, as well as through social media.
Unscheduled vacancies may occur throughout the year and additional appointments are made at that time. Please use the following link to applications to apply.