In the event of an emergency, information related to the current incident will be posted to the City of Vista home page. This information may include: warnings, safety instructions, what happened, response actions, evacuation notifications, shelter information, and other important information.
The City of Vista is committed to keeping the community safe, especially during an emergency. If a disaster occurs in our community, local public safety crews, local government staff, and disaster-relief organizations will try to help you. For our community to be fully prepared, we also need residents and business owners to be ready. In the event of an emergency, you should plan to be self-sufficient for 72-96 hours. Therefore, the best time to prepare is before an emergency happens. The following links will provide you with more information and resources.
- San Diego County Emergency Site
- Sign up to receive Emergency Alerts via cell phone and e-mail and text
- Download San Diego County Emergency Apps
- Prepare an emergency kit
- Make a plan
- CAl Fire Current Fire Information
- SDG&E Outage map
- Santa Anna Wildfire Threat Index
- USGS Quake Information
- More San Diego County Resources