The City of Vista is a municipal corporation following the council-manager form of government. The City Council, the city’s legislative body, defines the policy direction of the city. The city manager oversees the day to day operations of the city.
The City Council consists of an elected mayor and four elected council members. Each serves a four-year term. The city is in the process of transitioning to a system where City Council members are elected by district instead of at large or citywide.
Vista Mayor and City Council Members (Left to Right)
Joe Green; Amanda Young Rigby; Mayor Judy Ritter; Corinna Contreras; John B. Franklin
- Mayor Judy Ritter
- Deputy Mayor John B. Franklin, District 4
- Council Member Amanda Young Rigby, At Large
- Council Member Joe Green, At Large
- Council Member Corinna Contreras, District 1
- Agendas, Agenda Reports, & Minutes
- Schedule - Public Meeting Notices
- Online Video Broadcast
- A Guide to the City Council Meeting
City Council Goals
Doris Calvo, City Council