Click COVID-19 for information. Civic Center Re-opens to Public - June 8. Hours 8am-5:30 pm. Check the Quick Reference Guide.



Special Event Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Special Event Permits

The City of Vista hosts many special events. These events must follow certain criteria specific to what the event entails. In many cases, a Special Event Permit is required, typically if street closure(s) or other traffic control measures take place on a public street, sidewalk or alley.

A Special Event Permit application should be filed at least 10 days in advance of the planned event. You are encouraged to contact Chirmere Harris at 760.643.5206 to start a discussion about your event before you complete the application.

In accordance with the City ordinance, the City Manager's Office coordinates the review of applications for those events that require the temporary closure of City streets. A Special Event Permit through this process is required if street closure(s) or other traffic control measures on any public street, sidewalk or alley are needed. Event organizers complete an application then meet with a Council appointed committee. This committee includes the Human Resources Director, Recreation & Community Services Director, Deputy Fire Chief, Stormwater Program Manager, Principal Traffic Engineer, Public Services Operations Manager, City Planner, Code Enforcement Manager, Director of Economic Development, Sheriff’s Captain, and a representative from the North County Transit District.

Film Permits

The City Manager’s Office handles film permits intended to facilitate commercial filming, videotaping, photographing, and other visual activities within the City of Vista.  The ordinance applies to filming and photographing activities that occur on public property within the City limits. The intent is to ensure that commercial filming and photographing activities do not unreasonably interfere with the public peace, health and safety, including traffic, parking, the use of or access to public property and facilities, or unreasonably endanger any property. Please contact Chirmere Harris at 760.643.5206 for more information.

  • Municipal Code Chapter 12.25 Film Permits (PDF)
  • Film Permit Application (PDF)

    Permits for Other Special Events

    In general Special Event Permits are required for events held on public property. For information on securing permits for events held on City Property, such as in City parks or using City facilities, please contact the Recreation and Community Services Department at 760.643.5268. Please contact the Development Services offices at 760.639.6108 for information on permits pertaining to event occurring on private property.  

    Special Event Banner & Sign Display Program

    The Special Event Banner & Sign Display Program allows the placement of banners across Vista Village Drive and on one or more of seven locations throughout the  City to promote non-profit selected community special events. Please use this link here to learn more about the special event banner and sign program or call the Communications Office at 760.643.5217. 

    Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
    They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

    Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer