At the City of Vista, we recognize the significant negative impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on our local business community, especially on our local small and independent businesses. Following are available resources and information for businesses to help make informed decisions for themselves and employees. The City has created an Economic Recovery Taskforce to work on immediate, mid-term and long-term economic development goals outside of what has already been undertaken..
VISTA ECONOMIC RECOVERY PLAN
- Recovery plan here
GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING
The state is allowing certain businesses to reopen, with restrictions, starting May 8. The County is requiring businesses to complete the Safe Reopening Plan, print and post it at their entrance. See details
- State of California roadmap for businesses here.
- County of San Diego guidelines for reopening, including hair salons, barbershops, houses of worship here. (May 27, 2020)
LOAN PROGRAMS I FUNDS AVAILABLE
Innovate78 has compiled a list of available resources & loan programs to help business here.
A breakdown of all SBA Coronavirus Loans are here.
PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
SBA loan helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the crisis: Paycheck Protection Plan
BANK & CREDIT UNION COVID-19 RESPONSES
Bank & Credit Union COVID-19 Responses for customers and members here.
- Innovate78 list of available resources & programs for employees here.
- List of local companies hiring here.
- California Employment Development Department Unemployment benefits/other assistance
TAX RELIEF RESOURCES
- IRS Taxpayer relief information here
- Executive order for the State of California: extends tax deadline by 60 days for individuals/businesses (see provision 5, page 2) here.
ALCOHOL MINOR USE PERMIT CONDITIONS
The City of Vista issued an Order, effective March 29, 2020 to suspend certain alcohol Minor Use Permit Conditions during the COVID-19 Emergency. More information here.
BUSINESSES OPEN FOR TAKEOUT
Local businesses open in Vista for takeout here.