The City of Vista Facade Improvement program is a tool businesses can use to receive support for their investment to improve the exterior of their buildings in and near the downtown area. Below is a full description and application for the program.
Facade Improvement Program Process
- Read the complete Facade Improvement Program description. Please note that one must apply for the program and receive confirmation from the City to receive a grant prior to beginning construction. Applications completed after construction begins will not be accepted.
- Call the Facade Improvement Program Administrator to express interest in applying 760-643-5245.
- Complete the Facade Improvement Program application. The following items need to be submitted with your application.
- Before photos. Photographs clearly showing existing conditions of the building to be improved.
- A full written description of the proposed work.
- Drawings (with color scheme) that adequately and comprehensively show the proposed project. Many applicants elect to hire an architect to create architectural renderings.
- List of proposed materials, including material specifications.
- A written cost estimate for all aspects of the facade improvements from a contractor (or from a design professional for design services only applications).
- Property owner Letter of Support, if different from applicant.
- Total cost estimate.
- Total grant money requested.
- If approved, the City of Vista will issue a Commitment Letter, holding the funds until the project is completed.
- Receive necessary permits from the City and follow any instructions received from the Planning department.
- Start construction.
- Notify the Facade Improvement Program Administrator in the Economic Development department of any delays or setbacks in the construction process.
- Complete Construction.
- Submit "After" photos showing the work that was completed.
- City issues a check for the amount in the Commitment Letter.
If you have any questions, please contact the Economic Development Department at 760-643-5245 or EconDev@CityofVista.com.