COVID-19 Business ResourcesAt the City of Vista, we recognize the significant negative impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on our local business community, especially on our local small and independent businesses. Many of the owners and employees of these businesses live and work in Vista. Following are some resources available to businesses.
- Innovate78 compiled list of available resources for COVID-19 to help business and employees here.
- Employment Opportunities in San Diego North County
- Bank and Credit Union Covered 19 Responses for Customers & Members
- State Essential Critical Business List: CA Governor has not granted cities or counties the authority to certify any specific business as essential. Please check the State list or contact the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development at business.ca.gov
- Relief Funds for Coronavirus-Affected Restaurants, Bars, and Food Service Workers List here.
The City of Vista has issue an Order, effective March 29, 10 am, to suspend certain alcohol Minor Use Permit Conditions during the COVID-19 Emergency only. The CA Department of Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) released a Notice of Regulatory Relief to help licensees with economic challenges brought on by the spread of the virus and has temporarily suspended enforcement of specific legal prohibitions affecting the sale of alcoholic beverages. This allows restaurants with beer and wine and restaurants with a full bar to have off-sale privileges. The City Order will suspend for the duration of COVID-19 the provision in its City MUP that conflicts with the ABC license. This change will reduce the confusion for businesses who operate in Vista with MUP.
The City Economic Development team works to attract, retain and expand businesses within the City through support services and programs in order to strengthen the City's financial base and provide quality jobs for residents. The department serves as the City liaison to the business community.
Explore data, maps, reports, incentives and resources to help your business succeed in the City of Vista.
200 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
P: Business Resource Hotline: 760.639.6165
Business License Questions: 760.639.6174
Economic Development Director: Kevin Ham