Independence Day Celebration
CITY OF VISTA ANNOUNCES DETAILS FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION ON JULY
(Updated June 25, 2020) Vista, CA –The City of Vista announced today details of its Independence Day Celebration on July 4 at Brengle Terrace Park.
Tickets are now on sale to the general public and may be purchased in-person only until July 3 at 5:30 p.m. Visit the VisTix/Recreation office, 200 Civic Center Dr. (near the intersection of Civic Center and Alta Vista Drives) weekdays, 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $15 per vehicle and are limited to one per household.
- Tickets will stop being sold at 5:30 p.m. on July 3.
- Tickets will be limited to 600 vehicles total.
- Tickets will not be sold in person on July 4.
PARK ENTRY INFORMATION ON JULY 4
- Brengle Terrace Park will open to ticket holders starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets are required and must be displayed/shown upon entry.
- The main parking lot adjacent to the Jim Porter Recreation Center will be opened first. If that lot reaches capacity, ticket holders will be directed to enter the park adjacent to the McClellan Senior Center and parking will be available in the grass lot adjacent to the Amphitheatre, or in the 3-tiered lot behind the ball fields. Staff will be directing traffic.
- Re-entry privileges not permitted.
- Pedestrian traffic into Brengle Terrace Park will not be permitted.
- Please note that the park will not open early as it has in previous years.
- Recreation vehicles, motor homes, pull behinds, etc. will not be permitted for entry into Brengle Terrace Park. Passenger vehicles only.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Visitors to Brengle Terrace Park will be responsible for their own observance of the current public health order, which requires that face masks, or face coverings, be worn when coming within six feet of another person not in your household unit.
- Visitors are reminded to provide six feet physical distance from others not in their household unit.
- No pets will be permitted.
- Upon entry, ticket holders are permitted to select their own spot from within the park to view the fireworks. Lawn chairs, blankets, picnics and barbecues are permitted. Alcohol is not permitted in Brengle Terrace or any other city park.
- No food or drinks will be sold at the event.
- Additional restrooms will be provided in the park.
- Fireworks will begin at approximately 9 p.m. Radio station 94.1 FM will broadcast a simulcast of music during the fireworks.
- Unlike in past years, the Moonlight Amphitheatre will not be accessible.
- Brengle Terrace Park is located at 1200 Vale Terrace Dr.
The City of Vista reminds residents who are viewing the fireworks either from home or from another area of the city to keep their pets inside to shelter them from the noise that can frighten animals - causing them to run away.
For more information, visit vistarecreation.com or call (760) 643-5268.
# # #