Dispose of Old Gadgets & Electronics Easily
With new devices gifted during the holidays, residents often wonder what to do with old electronics and gadgets. Residents should not place cellphones, TV’s, tablets, computers or other e-waste in trash containers. The City of Vista offers free, convenient disposal of e-waste and other household hazardous items, such as old paint or motor oil.
Electronics, gadgets, and household hazardous waste may be dropped off at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility located at 1145 E. Taylor Street in Vista. The hours of operation are 9 am to 3 pm on Saturdays (except holidays). There is no fee to Vista residents; however, proof of residency is required. Diverting these items from landfills and properly disposing of them are both good for protecting the environment and for the whole community.
Accepted Items a the HHW Facility
- E-waste: computers, televisions, toaster ovens, etc.
- Household cleaners: drain & oven cleaners, wood and metal polish / cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, disinfectants.
- Automotive: oil and fuel additives, grease/rust solvents, carburetor/fuel injector cleaners, air conditioning refrigerants, starter fluid, lubricating fluids, radiator & transmission fluids/ additives, waxes, polishes, cleaners.
- Home Maintenance and improvement products: paint thinners, paint strippers, adhesives, paints, stains, varnishes, sealants, and wood preservatives.
- Lawn and garden products: Pesticides, Herbicides, and Fungicides (Poisons).
- Miscellaneous: batteries, fingernail polish removers, pool and photo chemicals.
- Home-generated sharps
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Old and unused medicines
*Residents can also drop off used oil at any time at any of the CalRecycle 13 used oil recycling locations in Vista.
Check the information online for a complete list of items accepted.
Public Works Department