How to Recycle Christmas Trees
Curbside Recycling for Vista Residents
EDCO customers should place Christmas trees curbside on their regular collection day beginning, December 26 through January 11 at no extra charge.
- Trees must be cut to four feet or less in length when placed curbside.
- Trimmings, including tinsel and the stand, must be removed.
- Organic decorations, such as natural garland and wreathes, can also be placed in the residential designated yard waste container, as well as any Christmas trees on and after January 13.
- Trees placed inside the yard waste containers must be cut to fit into the yard waste cart with no trees sticking up or out of the yard waste cart.
Drop Off Tree Locations
December 26 through January 6, 2020
- 523 S. Santa Fe Avenue: public parking lot between S. Santa Fe Avenue and Mercantile Street
- Parking lot on the corner of S. Melrose Drive and Shadowridge Drive
For more information on holiday trash and recycling, please contact EDCO at 760.727.1600 or check their website here.