Traffic Pattern Shift in Paseo Santa Fe Work Zone
The traffic pattern shift to the west side of S. Santa Fe Avenue on Monday, October 21 in the Paseo Santa Fe work zone. Northbound traffic only will be allowed along South Santa Fe between Pala Vista Drive and Eucalyptus and southbound South Santa Fe will be closed at Eucalyptus and all traffic detoured to Civic Center Drive. This traffic pattern is expected to be in place through March 2020.
- The contractor will begin removing the existing street on the east side of South Santa Fe to start the last phase of construction for Phase II
- Through pedestrian access will be directed to the west side of South Santa Fe. • Minor elements of work will continue of the west side of South Santa Fe but will not affect pedestrian, business or vehicular access. • Vehicle and pedestrian access to individual properties on the east side will be provided; however, it may be restricted at times due to safety concerns. The City and contractor will work with individual properties to address access.
- On the west side, temporary streetlights will be installed. • Limited diagonal parking will be available for businesses on the west side of South Santa Fe.
- The undergrounding for Phase III utilities is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.
- Guajome Street Guajome Street will be reopened. However, only a left turn from Guajome to South Santa Fe will be allowed for northbound travel.
- Pala Vista Drive Pala Vista Drive will remain open.
- Drive Terrace Drive at South Santa Fe will be closed to through traffic
- Phase III streetscape improvements have not been authorized at this time.
- The City has installed parking directional signs to direct traffic to Mercantile Street for businesses that have direct access onto Mercantile Street.
Read more here