How To Navigate a Roundabout
The City will soon be adding another roundabout on S. Santa Fe Avenue in Phase II of the PSF Phase Improvement project and a private developer is constructing a roundabout on Mar Vista Drive. Many drivers have not navigated a roundabout before and may have concerns on how to drive around and maneuver through one. The City of Vista's roundabouts are constructed large enough for a fire truck to navigate through.
Following are tips on how to navigate a roundabout
- Slow down as you near the roundabout.
- Look left and yield to vehicles that are approaching within the roundabout.
- Now you’re moving … once you are in the roundabout, you have the right of way.
- Turn right to exit the roundabout when you reach your destination street.
- Share the road; yield for pedestrians and cyclists as you enter and exit the roundabout.
For more information on city roundabouts, the public is asked to contact Traffic Engineering at 760.639.6111.