City Seeking Input on Pala Vista Park Design
The City of Vista's plans for the city-owned property, located on Civic Center Drive at the corner of Pala Vista Drive, just north of Highway 78, are moving forward. The one acre property is being developed into a small community park. The goal is to design a park to help meet the community’s recreational needs and also provide a welcoming entry way into the city along one of its major travel corridors. The project is currently in the design phase and the City is seeking community input on the partially designed park.
Public Outreach Venues:
- Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting, April 22
City staff will provide an update on the Pala Vista Park design to the Parks & Recreation Commission. Staff will review the revised design of the park which incorporates input received during prior public workshops, and will solicit additional public input on advancing the design.
- Meeting Date: Monday, April 22, 2019
- Time: 6 pm
- Location: Vista Civic Center Council Chambers, 200 Civic Center Drive
Informational “Pop-Ups” Around Vista
Four informational “pop-ups” have been scheduled to share the park designs with the public and to seek additional feedback. The “pop-ups” will be held at the following locations:
- April 23, 7:30 am to 8:30 am: NCTD Civic Center Station, 810 Phillips Street
- April 25, 3 pm to 4 pm: NCTD Civic Center Station, 810 Phillips Street
- April 30, 4 pm to 5 pm: Von’s Grocery Store, 940 S. Santa Fe Avenue
- May 6, 4 pm to 5 pm: U.S. Post Office, 960 Postal Way
The Pala Vista Park project designs are available for public review. The park design and graphics of on-site amenities are listed below. The designs are reflective of the work residents and other members of the public have provided to staff to date.
- Park Site Plans (pdf)
- Site Furnishings (pdf)
- Playground Equipment (pdf)
- Landscape Plantings (pdf)
- Pala Vista Park webpage
Can’t attend a workshop or have questions?
If an interested member of the public cannot attend the scheduled meetings, they may still email their input or questions to the Park Project Manager, Tony Winney at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the City Manager's Office at 760.643.5200.