Mar Vista Roundabout Project Timeline Extended
Project: Mar Vista Roundabout Construction
Timeline: Began in mid-December 2018. Completion weather permitting: * April 2019 (updated to reflect unexpected relocation of utilities)
The City of Vista retained KB Homes (contractor) to build the roundabout on Mar Vista Drive. The work includes raised, landscaped medians and major road improvements. KB Homes is constructing the roundabout at the Avocado Drive and Presley Place intersection to address traffic impacts associated with the townhomes under construction on the northwest corner of S. Santa Fe Avenue and Mar Vista Drive.
Project Update: February 26, 2019
In mid-February, the Contractor uncovered underground utilities which are located under the construction work zone. The utilities belong to SDG&E and AT&T and must be relocated before the roundabout work continues. The relocation of the utility pipes will take about six weeks to complete.
PLEASE NOTE: The City will strive to complete this work as rapidly as possible and with a minimum of inconvenience to the neighborhoods and motorists. Efforts will be taken to minimize the traffic impacts associated with this project. The City appreciates the public's patience and cooperation during the construction. The public's cooperation of the following is appreciated:
- Please be alert when driving or walking in or near the construction area.
- Tools, materials, equipment may be attractive to children. Please keep them from the project area for their safety.
- Report concerns to the City of Vista Project Engineer at 760.612.7484.
The public should contact Jeff Moore at 858.381.2180 with questions regarding the project.
- Notification Letter to Neighborhood in the Project Area February 26, 2019
- Citywide Notification of Project - Vista News Center November 29, 2018