Winter Storm To Bring Rain. Storm Preparedness Tips
The City of Vista Public Works Department has been busy behind the scenes this winter preparing for winter rain events, including removing debris from storm drains and strengthening road and park infrastructure before the expected rain hits.
Some street flooding may occur in low lying areas of the city if the rain is heavy at times. When needed, Public Works crews will post road closures in areas where unsafe driving conditions exist. Drivers are urged to stay alert, pay attention to road signs, slow down and use caution during heavy rain storms.
Free Unfilled Sandbags for Vista Residents
Keeping a few sandbags ready this winter may help redirect water or help prevent soil erosion. Free, unfilled sand bags are available at the Public Works facility during normal business hours. Residents can purchase fill materials at local home centers and building supply stores. (Homeowners living outside the city of Vista limits should check San Diego County’s ReadySanDiego.gov website for County sand bag distribution locations.)
TIPS FOR RESIDENTS
- Clear drains and rain gutters. Roofs should be clear of leaves and debris.
- Keep flashlights and batteries handy in case of power outages.
- CA law requires turning on headlights when windshield wipers are in continuous use.
- To learn more what you can do to prepare, visit ReadySanDiego.gov's Storm Readiness preparation page.
- SDG&E Unplanned Power Outage Map and Information
- Register to get important emergency alerts and information from San Diego County: Alert San Diego
City of Vista Public Works Location & Business Hours
1165 E. Taylor Street, Vista, CA 92084 l P: 760.639.6177
Public Works Business Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30 am to 4 pm and alternative Fridays 6:30 am - 3:00 pm