National Senior Health and Fitness Day
- Date: 05/29/2019 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Gloria McClellan Center Azalea Room
1400 Vale Terrace Drive
Vista, California 92084
The City of Vista’s Gloria McClellan Center will join an estimated 1,000 local groups to celebrate the 26th anniversary of National Senior Health & Fitness Day on Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
An estimated 100,000 older adults across the country will participate in local activities to help promote active, healthy lifestyles through physical activity, good nutrition, and preventive care.
According to Donna Meester, Program Manager, “Our free celebration is a wonderful opportunity for seniors to make, renew, and revitalize their commitment to live healthier lives through better health and fitness.”
Vista’s Mayor Ritter will start the day off with a park walk at 9:00 a.m. Collect a prize drawing ticket for joining the walk.
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Visit vendor booths with multiple health screenings, resources, exercise demonstrations, and much more. Collect a prize drawing ticket for each booth you visit.
- Noon: Lunch, a fresh spinach salad with grilled chicken and mandarin oranges, chicken tortilla soup, roll, watermelon, and milok. Please make lunch reservation by May 28.
- Prize drawings at 12:30 p.m.
This event is sponsored by SCAN Health Plan. For vendor, exhibitor, and/or sponsor information, or general information about the event, call 760.643.5281.