Jim Porter Recreation Center for Grades K - 8
Come play with us! Spend the day with old friends or make new ones as you create fantastic works of art, participate in fun games, learn new sports skills, and travel to exciting destinations. Each week is planned based on a central theme. See below for themes, field trips and calendars.
Calendars Are Now Available!
PLEASE NOTE: Camp Calendars have been uploaded as of April 26th. If you received a calendar prior to April 26th please disregard. An email we will be sent out to those of you have registered as well to ensure the right information is out there. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
(Required for all participants in the C.I.T. Program)
- Adventure Camp (Grades 5 - 8)
- Explorers I Camp (Grades K - 2)
- Explorers II Camp (Grades 3 - 5)
- Sports Camp (Grades 1 - 6)
- Counselor-In-Training (Grades 9 -11)
- Sports / Explorers 1 / Explorers 2: $153 Vista Resident or $184 Non-Resident
- Holiday Week *4 Day Pro-Rate: $123 Vista Resident or $148 Non-Resident
- Adventure Camp: $208 Vista Resident or $247 Non-Resident
- Onsite Daily Rates (when available): $46 Vista Resident or $55 Non-Resident
- Adventure Camp Daily Rate (when available): $62 Vista Resident or $74 Non-Resident
Our all-inclusive camp program provides your camper with quality programming at a great rate. Our camp day begins at 9:00am and goes to 3:00pm, however we are available to you as early as 7:00am to as late as 6:00pm for NO additional cost. They will also get the following as part of the weekly registration:
- Hot Lunch for onsite camps
- Sack Lunch for our off-site camp and field trips
- Breakfast & PM Snack
- One Camp T-Shirt
- At least 1 Field Trip (including admission, transportation and any additional cost such as popcorn at the movies)
- Special Fun Friday activities EVERY Friday!
- Registration for 2017 Summer Day Camps begins on Monday, April 17 at 9:00am at the Jim Porter Recreation Center 1200 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista.
- Registration also accepted by phone by calling 760.643.5272 or 760.643.5275.
- Registration also accepted online.
If registration is completed by phone or online, a Registration Form must be completed prior to the first day of camp.
Camp Session Dates, Themes and Field Trip Information
Summer 2017 Weekly Themes:
(Weeks will become available links as they are updated)
- Week One - June 12-16: Summertime Celebration
- Field Trip (All): Boomers! Vista
- Week Two - June 19-23: Passport Around the World
- Field Trip (All): Balboa Park ~ Museum of Man
- Week Three - June 26-30: Vista's 'The Voice'
- Field Trip (Explorers 1 & 2): Playwerx
- Field Trip (Sports, Adventure): Pelly's Mini Golf
- Week Four - July 3-July 7: America the Beautiful *No camp July 4th**
- Field Trip (All): The Wave Waterpark!
- Week Five - July 10-July 14: Mad Science
- Field Trip (All): The Santa Ana Zoo
- Week Six - July 17-July 21: Exploring the Seasons
- Field Trip (All): Ice-plex
- Week Seven - July 24-28: Unplugged & Off the Grid
- Field Trip (All): Old Town San Diego (Model Train Museum, Sheriff's Museum...)
- Week Eight - July 31- August 4: Movie Makers and Shakers
- Field Trip (All): Balboa Park ~ Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- Week Nine - August 7-11: Best Friends Forever
- Field Trip (Explorers 1 & 2): FUNbelievable!
- Field Trip (Sports, Adventure): Oceanside Pier
**Camps are combined this week & pro-rated for 4 day week (No Camp July 4th)
- Forms, Waivers & Calendars
- Menu and Food Program Information
- Contact Information and Location
- Program Philosophy
- Employment Information & Applications
Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Summer Camp
The City of Vista's historic Rancho Buena Vista Adobe offers a unique camp program with historical components. Click here for more information.
This camp is a beautiful step back in time where the kids will learn about candle making and branding, with hands-on experiences. Take a tour of the old Adobe house and see what life was like before technology took over!