The Public Works Department provides a diverse range of services in order to maintain a quality community. Responsibilities include care of streets and storm drains, the sewer system, the City’s’ fleet of vehicles and equipment; City parks and facilities, environmental protection efforts, and maintaining other important infrastructure.
Public Works Useful Information
- Online Service Request
- Common Questions
- Trees / Urban Forestry Management
- Street Improvement Projects
- Sewer Service/Billing
- City Parks
- Graffiti, Street Lights Out, Potholes
- Street Sweeping
- Water & Other Utilities (city contracts for these services)
Trash & Recycling
- Trash and Recycling Collection (City contracts with EDCO )
- Bulky Waste Disposal (EDCO)
- Electronic Waste Disposal
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- AB341 Mandatory Recycling for Businesses
- AB1826 Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling (MORe)/Spring 2016 EDCO Newsletter
- Trash on Highway 78 is managed by the California Department of Transportation. Submit a maintenance request along the highway to Caltrans via their website.
Graffiti, pothole, streetlight out, traffic signal, call the number above or report it online: Online service request.
Domestic / Freshwater Problem on Private Property: 760.597.3100
Know What's Below: Call Before You Dig: Call 811 or website
Public Works 1165 E. Taylor Street, Vista, CA 92084 l P: 760.639.6177 l F: 760.643.2878