Each year, there are a number of issues before the State Legislature and U.S. Congress that impact local governments. Annually, the City Council approves a legislative platform, which enables staff to take action in support of or in opposition to a bill that is covered by the platform without taking each item before the City Council for an approved position. Through the adoption of the legislative platform, staff is able to respond in a timely manner to pending legislation and have the City's position considered during legislative hearings.
- Current Legislative Platform (2015)
- Governor's By Right Housing Proposal - Notice of Opposition 5.26.16
- AB 2319 - CA Infrastructure & Economic Development Bank - Notice of Support 5.26.16
- AB 2697 - Redevelopment Dissolution - Notice of Opposition 5.26.16
- AB 2734 - Local Control Affordable Housing Act - Notice of Support 5.26.16
- Go-Biz - Letter of Support 3.9.16
- SB 876 - Homelessness - Notice of Opposition 2.10.16