Successor Agency to Vista Redevelopment Agency
While Vista’s Redevelopment Agency’s efforts have provided the City of Vista with much needed community services, infrastructure improvements, and job opportunities, such as the Vista Business Park, Vista Village, North County Square, Custom and the Vista Transit Center, the bill that would have extended the life of California’s redevelopment agencies did not pass.
As required by State Legislation, the Vista Redevelopment Agency (RDA) was dissolved as of February 1, 2012. While the Agency no longer exists, the Successor Agency (City of Vista) has assumed responsibility for administering enforceable obligations of the RDA, completing existing projects, and moving forward with the process of formally dissolving the RDA operations over time.
- Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (January 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012)
- Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (July 2, 2012 - December 31, 2012)
- Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (January 13, 2013 - June 30, 2013)
- Initial Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (February 28, 2012)
- CDC’s Enforceable Obligation Payment Schedule
- CDC's Enforceable Obligation Payment Schedule Resolution
- Successor Agency Agendas and Agenda Reports
Redevelopment & Housing
The Redevelopment & Housing Department works to facilitate positive change in the Vista community. The department is comprised of five main business units: Redevelopment, Housing, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Economic Development and Community Improvement.
- Redevelopment Plan Amendment of 2008
- List of major development projects
- Location: Civic Center - Third Floor. Please check in at the receptionist desk on the First Floor.
Housing programs include first-time home buyer down payment assistance, rehabilitation, mobile home space rental assistance, and homeless prevention programs. The department also lends a hand with fair housing disputes through the assistance of North County Lifeline.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
Main priorities of the CDBG program are to ensure decent affordable housing for all, provide services to the most vulnerable, create jobs and expand business opportunities. The 2004-2009 Consolidated Plan identifies housing, community, and economic development needs. It has a strategy with an action plan to meet those needs. Most of the programs in the Consolidated Plan are funded by Community Development Block Grant funds, HOME funds, and Redevelopment Housing Set-Aside funds
- 2014/15 CDBG Request for Proposals
- Draft 2012/13 CAPER
- 2013-14 CDBG RFP
- 2011-2012 CDBG Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Proposed 2012 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- Revised 2011 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2011-2012 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2009-2014 Consolidated Plan (DRAFT)
- 2011-2012 CDBG Request for Proposals for Public Service Programs
- 2009/2010 CDBG Annual Action Plan
- 2008/2009 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2008/2009 Substantial Amendment - CDBG-R
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Committee
- An Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- 2011/12 Fair Housing Services RFP Questions & Answers
The Community Improvement unit focuses on community building and outreach, neighborhood revitalization, public safety, and also serves as a community liaison to law enforcement.
The Redevelopment & Housing Department provides staff support for the following City of Vista Commissions/Committees/Boards: