Parks and Facilities
The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance of the following city parks, the La Mirada Canyon open space, medians and parkways. This division oversees contracts for tree trimming in the parks and on city streets, traffic signal maintenance, and street light maintenance.
- Brengle Terrace Park | 1200 Vale Terrace Drive
- Breeze Hill Park | 645 S Melrose
- Bub Williamson Park | 530 Grapevine Road
- Buena Vista Ballfields | 1851 S Melrose
- Buena Vista Park Pond & Open Space | 1601 Shadowridge Drive
- Civic Center Park/City Hall | 200 Civic Center Drive
- Luz Duran Park (formerly Townsite Park) | 340 E Townsite Drive
- Raintree Park | 545 E Townsite Drive
- Shadowridge Park | 2101 Lupine Hills Drive
- South Buena Vista Park (Off-leash dog park) | 1602 Mountain Pass Circle
- Thibodo Park | 1150 Lupine Hills Drive
- Vista Sports Park l 1600 Sports Park Way
- Wildwood Park | 651 E Vista Way
Remember: Dogs are welcome in Vista's parks but must be on leash, have a current license and owners must pick up after their friends. South Buena Vista Park has off-leash hours for dogs. Off-leash hours at the park have been extended. Learn more
Do you want to have a Jumper in the park?
If so, there is a fee of $37 to have a jumper in a City of Vista park. Most parks do not have electricity so a generator is required. The generator must meet City requirements for noise levels in the park. The Jump Company must file their liabiilty insurance naming the City of Vista additionally insured with an endorsement. Please see list below for current list of approved Jump Companies.
No Smoking in City Parks. City Council Has Approved a Ban on Smoking in City Parks
Effective October 23, 2009, the ban applies to all parks and facilities, as well as areas around the Vista library and Civic Center.
Rain Out Hotline
To determine field conditions, please call (760) 726-1340 ext. 3244.
Alta Vista Gardens
Brengle Terrace Park hosts Alta Vista Gardens - a botanical garden that harmoniously incorporates education, nature, and art.
Facility rental rates are available below (page 2 en Espanol).
Reservations can be made by calling (760) 643-5268 (se habla Espanol) or (760) 643-5275
Facility Information Sheets:
- AVO Playhouse
- Jim Porter Recreation Center (formerly Brengle Terrace)
- Morris B. Vance Community Room (Whole Room)
- Morris B. Vance Community Room (Half Room)
- Moonlight Amphitheatre
- Park Terrace Cafe/Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center
- Azalea Room/Gloria E. McClellan Senior Center
- Rancho Buena Vista Adobe
- Thibodo Community Center
- The Wave Waterpark
Facility Rental Application
Facility Rental Policies and Procedures
Do you want to have your event catered?*
Caterers are required to file a $1,000,000 liability insurance certificate naming the City of Vista additionally insured with an endorsement. They must also possess a City of Vista business license. Below is a list of caterers that have their insurance on file. If your caterer is not listed please allow up to 4 weeks for processing and approval. Call if you have questions.
*Please note, some City of Vista facilities require the event be catered. This is noted on the information sheet.
Facility Rental Agreements
Morris B. Vance Community Room (Caterer Required)
Rancho Buena Vista Adobe (Caterer Required)
Maps & Amenities
View an interactive map of our parks and facilities.
View a listing of amenities and features available at our parks and facilities.