The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and governed by the provisions of Government, Election, and City Codes. City Clerk serves the public, elected officials, and the City organization by providing effective processing, distribution, and retention of official records. Marci Kilian is the City Clerk. Located in Civic Center - Second Floor
City Clerk is the official recorder of all City Council Meetings, and serves as Secretary to the Community Development Commission, Secretary to the Successor Agency for the Vista Redevelopment Agency, and Clerk of the Board to the Buena Sanitation District.
City Council regular meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084. Council meetings are broadcast on the Friday after each meeting at 5 p.m. on Cox Communications Channel 19, Time Warner Cable Channel 24, and AT&T U-verse Channel 99. Archived web casts are available online at www.cityofvista.com. Workshop meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Please note, workshop meetings are not televised.
- Election 2014 information
- Council Meeting Agendas
- Public Notices / Upcoming Public Meetings
- Contact Information
- Online Resources
- Common Questions
- FPPC Conflict of Interest Forms for City Officials
- FPPC Agency Report of Public Official Appointments (Form 806)
- FPPC Agency Report of Gifts: Tickets, Passes to Events (Form 801/802)
- City Council Complimentary Ticket Policy (FPPC Form 801/802 filing)
- Public records access, including Municipal Code and Development Code
- Public Record Requests – email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (760) 639-6126, or mail or hand-deliver your request to City Clerk, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084. Public Records Request Form
- Notice Inviting Bids
- City Commissions, Boards, and Committees
- Notary Public (by appointment only) - $10 fee per signature
- Certifications of Life for retired seniors – $10 fee
- Acceptance of liability claims, subpoenas and summons
The entire City Clerk staff is committed to providing the highest quality of service to everyone. Please don’t hesitate to call with questions or concerns.