Law enforcement is provided by the San Diego Sheriff's Department who is under contract with the City. The Vista Sheriff's Department provides a full range of services from a station, substation and a storefront office within the city. These services include, general patrol, investigations, narcotics and gang investigations, crime prevention, juvenile intervention, community policing and administrative services. Other specialized functions are available to the city through the Sheriff's Department. Some of the specialty investigative areas include, homicide investigations, helicopter patrols, swat teams, bomb and arson investigations, fraud and forgery investigations and licensing investigation.
- Who Ya Gonna Call? - When there’s a problem, and you want a phone number fast. (Spanish version)
- Megan's Law Website - State of California Department of Justice
- Open Cases Page. Please take a look to see if you have information that might help investigators.
- Tip form page: You may leave an anonymous tip concerning any form of illegal activity by using the tip form.
- Teen Drinking & Driving ... You Drink. You Drive. You're Done! educational campaign.
- Prescription Drug Drop-Box Locations
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day (April 26, 2014)
- Vehicle Safety Tips
Patrol Deputies who respond to calls for service 24 hours a day. The Patrol Division is responsible for all general law enforcement calls for service within the City of Vista and the surrounding unincorporated area. Each patrol deputy is assigned to a geographical "beat" area. This enables the deputies to become familiar with the residents of their "beat" and with the problems in the area. The "beat” system is a cornerstone of the Community Oriented Policing concept requiring the interaction of neighborhood residents with law enforcement.
Neighborhood Watch programs are administered through the Crime Prevention Division. Please call (760) 940-4564.
Senior Volunteer Sheriff's Patrol
The Vista Sheriff's Senior Volunteer Patrol program is designed to draw upon the experience of senior citizens from the community. The men and women participating in the Vista program provide valuable assistance to existing staff as it strives to continually improve the quality of life of our community.
Captain: Joe Rodi
- Vista Patrol Station non-emergency (760) 940-4551
- West Office Substation 1477 Moon Road (760) 806-5352
- Vista Village Storefront: 30 Main Street, Suite G130 (760) 414-3360