Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know when City Hall is open and where is it located?

The Civic Center and other facility locations and hours are posted here.

How do I participate in a City Council meeting?

Any member of the public may address the governing bodies for three minutes on agency related matters that are not on the agenda by submitting an Oral Communications slip to the Clerk Secretary. The Mayor Chairperson will call the speakers forward at the appropriate time.

Are the Council meetings televised?

Yes, Council meetings are shown on cable television - Fridays at 5 p.m. on Cox Communications (Channel 19).

How do I contact the Mayor or a member of the City Council?

You can write the Mayor or City Council at:

Name of Elected Official
City of Vista
200 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084


Contact the Secretary to the City Council, at (760) 639-6130 to schedule an appointment.

How do I apply for a position on a commission, board or committee?

Available positions are posted on the City Clerk's page. Applications are available in the City Clerk’s office or online. For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (760) 639-6125.

How do I report a housing code or property maintenance violation?

Please call the City at 760-726-1340 ext. 1606.

How do I report a noise violation?

Please call the City at 760-940-4551.

How do I report graffiti?

To report graffiti anywhere within the City of Vista, call the Graffiti Hot line at (760) 639.6177. Please be sure to note the address where the graffiti is located and what type of surface/object is painted.

If you witness any suspicious activity or have information regarding graffiti, please contact the Sheriff’s Department at (760) 940-4987 or 911 if it is an emergency. You may be eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information leading to the conviction of those involved in graffiti activities.

How do I get information on an obtaining an ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control) license?

Please see the information and application on the city’s website under ABC.

Who provides the City’s police services?

Law enforcement is provided by the San Diego Sheriff's Department, who is under contract with the City. The Sheriff's Department provides a full range of services from a station, substation and a storefront office within the city. These services include general patrol, investigations, narcotics and gang investigations, crime prevention, juvenile intervention, community policing and administrative services. Other specialized functions are available to the city through the Sheriff's Department. Some of the specialty investigative areas include homicide investigations, helicopter patrols, SWAT teams, bomb and arson investigations, fraud and forgery investigations, and licensing investigations.

How do I contact the Sheriff’s Department in an emergency?

For emergencies that threaten life or property and require immediate attention, please call 911.

How do I contact the Sheriff’s Department in a non-emergency?

Please call (760) 940-4551.

How do I find information on Megan's Law?

Please visit the Megan’s Law State of California Department of Justice Website.

How do I form a Neighborhood Watch program?

Neighborhood Watch programs are administered through the Sheriff's Department Crime Prevention Division. For more information, please call (760) 966-3586.