Mayor and City Council
The City Council is the governing body of the Vista Municipal Government. The City Council sets City policy, adopts City ordinances and resolutions, and reviews and approves all major policy matters, fiscal concerns and City projects. The City Council is composed of four elected Council members who serve four-year terms and an elected Mayor who serves a four-year term.
(Left to right)
Council Members Amanda Rigby and Dave Cowles, Mayor Judy Ritter, Deputy Mayor John J. Aguilera,
and Council Member Cody Campbell.
- Judy Ritter, Mayor (term expires 2014)
- John J. Aguilera, Deputy Mayor (term expires 2014)
- Dave Cowles, Council Member (term expires 2014)
- Cody Campbell, Council Member (term expires 2016)
- Amanda Rigby, Council Member (term expires 2016)
Contact the Mayor and City Council
You can contact the Mayor and City Council by calling City Council Secretary Doris Calvo at 760.643.5210.
City Council Goals (2014/16)
The City Council met on March 4, 2014 during a City Council workshop to discuss and prioritize key goals for 2014/16 to guide decision-making at all levels of City government.