City Council Member
City Council Member (4-year terms)
2010 - Present
Council Member John Aguilera was elected to the Vista City Council in November, 2010 and re-elected in 2014. He served as the Mayor Pro Tem in 2011, and Deputy Mayor in 2014 and 2015.
Mr. Aguilera holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Quantitative Economics and Decision Science from the University of California at San Diego. He owns a financial services business in North San Diego County.
Councilmember Aguilera is also a licensed life, disability and Long Term Care agent in the state of California.
Mr. Aguilera also served on the Vista Planning Commission from 2004-2010 and the Investment Advisory Committee from 2002-2010.
Local / Regional / Community Involvement
- Deputy Mayor for 2014, 2015
- North County Dispatch Joint Powers Association
- Encina Wastewater Authority
- Past President of Vista American Little League and coach for several years, 8 years
- Member of local Lions Club and Past President, Amigo de Vista Lions
- Board Member of Faith Lutheran Church
- FACT Board Member
- Belong to NCTD, SANDAG, and City's Investment Advisory Board
E: John Aguilera