Following is a list of the Commissions, Boards, and Committees. Each entity includes a link to its purpose, qualifications, meeting dates, and reference to the City of Vista Municipal Code, which outlines the functions and purpose of the Maddy Local Appointive Act, [GC §54970] which came into effect on January 1, 1977.
Agendas and minutes for a particular Commission, Board, or Committee, are included in the following links:
- Building Board of Appeals
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Citizens Advisory Committee
- Community Safety Commission
- Investment Advisory Committee
- Mobile Home Park Review Board
- Oversight Board to the Successor Agency
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Arts Commission
- Redevelopment Project Area Committee (expired October 2011)
- Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- Senior Citizens Affairs Commission
- Traffic Commission
- Youth Advisory Commission
Central Vista Business Improvement District (CVBID)
Vacancy announcements are posted at the Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084, at the Vista Branch of the San Diego County Library, 700 Eucalyptus Avenue, Vista, CA 92084, and on our web site. Contact Assistant City Clerk Amanda Lee, 760.643.5321, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about opportunities to serve your community, or access Commission Vacancy Announcements.
Applications are accepted throughout the year to fill scheduled and unscheduled vacancies. In December of each year, the City advertises for applicants to fill the annual vacancies for those terms expiring June 30th. Applications for the annual recruitment are due the end of March, interviews take place in April or May, and the City Council makes appointments in June with terms beginning July 1.
Unscheduled vacancies may occur throughout the year and additional appointments are made at that time. Please use the following applications to apply: