Economic Development promotes business opportunities within the City of Vista through support services/programs designed to strengthen the City's financial base. The department also serves as the liaison to the business community.
- Online Resources
- Business License Office & Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tools For Business Success
- Innovate 78
- Economic Development Plan
- CAL Competes Workshop Jan 8, 2018
- Paseo Santa Fe Road Construction Toolkit
Economic Development e-Newsletter
Economic Development participates in regional business and industrial trade events to seek out and and attract desirable businesses to Vista.
Business Retention & Expansion
Vista C.A.R.E.s Program (Communicate. Assist. Retain. Expand.)
This business retention and expansion program strives to keep businesses from relocating to other cities; helps businesses survive economic difficulties; assists businesses with expansion that create jobs; and helps firms increase their competitiveness. In an effort to identify and understand the needs of Vista businesses, the City and the Vista Chamber of Commerce sponsor an annual outreach survey event "Vista C.A.R.E.s Business Walk" with the purpose of gathering information about what businesses need to be successful in Vista.
- 2017 Vista C.A.R.E.s Business Walk Report
- 2016 Vista C.A.R.E.s Business Walk Report
- 2015 Vista C.A.R.E.s Business Walk Report
The Business Ombudsman assists in resolving business related issues or challenges for Vista businesses. Economic Development participates in meetings held by different organizations to assist in obtaining a favorable resolution of issues impacting Economic Development in Vista.
- For the Business Ombudsman, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL 760.639.6165.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
PACE financing allows property owners to fund energy efficiency, water efficiency and renewable energy projects with no up-front costs. With PACE, residential and commercial property owners living within a participating district can finance 100% of the project and pay it back over time as a voluntary property tax assessment through their existing property tax bill.
Vista Workforce Roundtable connects employers, educators and workforce professionals in an effort to create and retain Vista jobs for Vista residents and to ensure residents have educational and training opportunities to increase their professional competitiveness.
Facade Improvement Program
The Facade Improvement Program (FIP) is a grant program provided to business and/or property owners for the improvement of existing buildings along designated commercial corridors within the City of Vista. The program provides a matching grant of 50% up to the maximum dollar amount based on the building’s linear foot frontage on a public way.
- Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Vista Village Business Association
- San Diego North Economic Development Council
- San Diego Regional Economic Development Council
- San Diego Workforce Partnership